Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'd Tell You I Love, But Then I'd Have To Kill You

I'd Tell You I Love, But Then I'd Have To Kill You, by Ally Carter, is the first book in the Gallagher Girls series.
THE PLOT: Cammie Morgan is a spy in training. Part of the elite Gallagher school, she goes to class every day to learn things like code breaking, tailing techniques, and combat. Cammie wants nothing else but to be a spy, just like her parents. But while on a trailing mission, she meets Josh, the boy who sees her. Suddenly, Cammie is lying to people she cares about and things are spinning out of control. What life will Cammie choose?
THE CHARACTERS: Cammie was likeable enough. She was smart, determined, and dedicated. She did lie quite a bit, but she ended up sticking to her ideals and staying loyal to her friends, both of which endear her to readers. Josh was a sweet and genuinely nice guy, but it seemed like he often lacked depth or motivation. The secondary characters were well done and provided great contrast. From genius Liz and scatterbrained professors to Britsh Bex and hot secret agent teachers, the secondary characters all added something to the story.
OVERALL: overall, this book was a fun read that stands out in it's genre. I recommend this book. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment