Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Destiny Kills

I really liked this book. I found myself rereading my favorite scenes over and over. ****SPOILER ALERT****
PLOT:
Destiny, a sea dragon, wakes up naked on a beach next to a dead man. But she has a problem. she has no idea who she is, who the man is, or where she is. I was led to believe from description blurbs that this was a major plot point, but Destiny remembers everything within the first couple of chapters. This was okay with me, because the actual plot was much better. Destiny teams up with her dead lover's brother, Trae, to free her mother and a group of children from a lab in Scotland, on Loch Ness. (And yes, Destiny is one of many "Loch Ness Monsters")
CHARACTERS:
Destiny was thankfully not annoying. She is strong and brave and cares about her family. Trae was the typical yummy male lead. There was a little too much sexual tension to be believable, but it didnt distract from the story. The secondary characters werent very present in the story, so they weren't fleshed out.
OVERALL:
I enjoyed the element of water and air dragons and the different elements they control. This was very well done.the writing was very beautiful, but had just enough humor mixed in.
This was very good overall and I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment